Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

I Was a Little Frazzled After the Raid But I AM Back

At 1:50am on Friday October 28, 2011, I was sleeping in the medic/nurse's tent at Occupy San Diego. I was woken up by screams and domestic terrorist in raid gear with black masks covering their faces, to hide their identity like cowards, marching in single file line. These terrorist had machine guns in hands, long batons, guns on their waist and voices or terror. They demanded that we leave the place we had been occupying or go to jail.

Within seconds, a couple of these domestic terrorist had manhandled a young man and started hauling him to a police van, underneath the west part of the civic center plaza under the event sign. This young man was not resisting arrest and had no time to gather his things and get out. Right after this another young man was being hauled over to the same van.

The woman that was also sleeping under the medic tent had left within seconds of these domestic terrorists arriving. I sat there in awe wondering if I should stay and be arrested or leave. I choose to leave and gathered my computer case and small rolling suit case and left the area through the doors of the civic center that led to the trolly tracks.

As I walked out of the area, I felt a deep sadness. How could I leave my friends behind when I hear them screaming? What could I really do when hundreds of domestic terrorist have machine guns, batons and other guns and we have no weapons. I was shaking uncontrollably. I started to call a couple friends that wanted to be informed if a raid occured.

As I begin to write and think back on the domestic terrorist raid, it reminds me of what has been going on in my own life for the last 10 years. That is why I will not sit down and shut up. I know first hand what it is like to have the 1% and even your own family terrorize and destroy your life and then blame you. They have taken everything from me many many times. What they took is stuff, what they can never take is who I am and what I stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment